Fearless Fred Trolley
Address: 10 West Jackson
Iola, KS 66749
Location Pick-up: Dependent on Tour
Telephone Number: 620.365.5252
Alt. Telephone Number: 620.228.0439
Email Address: Fearless Fred Trolley &/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Available for scheduled guided tours and private rental.
*For private rental, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
About this Exploration:
Take a trip back in time by riding Iola's Trolley, Fearless Fred. All trips are historic tours except for those who wish to rent the trolley for private tours and do not want a guided tour.
Iola's Fearless Fred Trolley is reminiscent of the early 1900's when Iola had an electric train, resembling today's "trolley", that primarily carried workers to and from the factories; however citizens rode it often. The electric trains ended in a 1918 tornado that totally destroyed the electric power plant. The memory of the electric trains were brought back in 2007 when the Iola Area Chamber of Commerce bought Molly Trolley from Atchison, Kansas. After 10 years of carrying passengers on many adventures, Molly needed to retire. The Trolley Board sold Molly and discovered a trolley for sale at a trolley fleet company in North Carolina. Coincidentally, the owners of this trolley company are relatives of Iola's own Major General Fredrick Funston! This brought the Trolley Board to vote on naming the new Iola trolley, Fearless Fred (which was suggested by Clyde Toland).
Fearless Fred is kept very active giving historic tours each year from April to December with special Christmas tours in late November and December. Also throughout the year, the trolley is often rented out for weddings, family reunions, birthdays and class reunions.
The Iola Trolley Board, under the umbrella of the Iola Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism, offers historic trolley tours of remarkable longstanding homes in Iola, tours of the 100 year-old churches, Iola historic tours, WPA (Works Progress Administration) tours, various tours of the cemeteries, and that’s just to name a few! Fred also offers historic tours of surrounding towns such as: Moran, Humboldt, Yates Center and Chanute. Fearless Fred may even make appearances in many of the area small town parades.
For a listing of the Fearless Fred trolley scheduled tours OR to rent the trolley for private use, please call or visit the Iola Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism.
Call 620.365.5252 or come into the office at 10 West Jackson St, Iola Kansas.66749
No matter what the age, everyone loves to ride Fearless Fred the Trolley!
For Scheduled Tours
· All tickets must be purchased in advance
· Ticket prices range from $8 - $15 depending on the tour
· The trolley is available for private rental
For Private Tours
· For use of the trolley in Iola, pricing starts at $175 for the 1st hour, plus any time over 1 hour is an additional $75
· For use outside of Iola city limits (no farther than Chanute, Humboldt, Yates Center, Moran and Colony) pricing starts at $200 for the 1st hour, plus any time over 1 hour is an additional $100
· A $35 refundable cleaning fee is also required to be provided prior to the tour by providing a separate check/payment
· Fees are subject to change per tour dependent on the needs of the customer
· Please book the trolley as far in advance as possible to ensure your date is available and secured
Contact the Iola Area Chamber of Commerce to reserve your seats at 620.365.5252.
Or visit the Chamber office at 10 West Jackson St, Iola Kansas 66749
For questions regarding the trolley and its tours, please contact Donna at email@example.com.
Photo license purchased from Morgan Macias Photography - Facebook.com/MorganMaciasPhotos